Hello everyone, today I am going to tell you guys how to change youtube URL Again. There are many YouTubers out there who mistakenly choose the wrong URL and later that looks ugly. As we all know that you people need website linked to your Google+ in order to get perfect URL for your channel. If you follow this tutorial then your old link will work until someone else claim it. If no one claims your URL then it will keep redirecting you to your channel.
I found many YouTubers used wrong URL or bloogger.com subdomain on their youtube channel. If someone use subdomain like blogger the URL looks very long and Ugly. You must meet youtube custom URL requirement and must have already claimed one URL to change it again. You can read my previous article to increase youtube subscribers.
To create a custom URL for your channel, your account needs to:
- Have 100 or more subscribers.
- Be at least 30 days old
- Have an uploaded photo as channel icon
- Have uploaded channel art
How To Change Youtube URL Again
Method 1: Remove custom URL and claim a new one
This is the official way by youtube which they recommend. They said that you can remove your current custom URL. According to their policy, you can change your channel URL up to 3 times per year. Once you claim the URL, your old URL will stop working after some days.
- First of all sign into your google account and go to the ‘about me‘ page on google plus.
- Select the account associated with your YouTube channel in the top-right corner. You may have to click All of your Brand Accounts if your account is not in the list.
- Now, find your current custom URL under ‘Sites’ and click on edit. Then you will see your current custom URL. Click on × to delete your custom URL.
- After that, go to the claim URL page in an advanced setting in youtube Channel. Then, under channel settings, you will see that your channel is eligible for a custom URL and click on ‘Claim it here’ link and you can claim your custom URL.
Method 2: Request Youtube Support team to change URL
This is the old way but it still works for many people. It all depends on if the support team respond to your message or not. If you ask them to change URL politely on your mail then they will surely approve your request. If they approve your request then they will redirect your old URL to the new custom URL.
- First login to your youtube account and scroll down to the bottom of the page. If you are in the new version of youtube then you will find help and support on the side of the page and an old version, it’s in the end of the page.
- Once you click on Help button you will see a small box with many options. Just click on Need More Help? and then click on get creator resources.
- After that, click on ‘Channel and Video Features’ and after that click on contact the Creator Support team.
- Then, you will see a form asking about the problem and some personal details. You can fill other boxes as normal but in ‘how can we help’ box type following but change some bits on it like your website URL and your channel URL.
Copy Paste this message.
” Hello, Sir
I changed my channel URL befoe _ years/months and at that time my channel name was different and recently I also started my own website. Your Website URL and I want to make my Custom URL match the domain name. If possible can you please change my channel URL to youtube.com/yourcustomurl.
Waiting For your Reply
We have just requested to change Youtube URL of your channel and it may take up to 1 month to get a reply from youtube team. You can always use method one if you want to change youtube URL again. Most of the time the reply you get back from google will be positive but it is not 100% guaranteed. If you need more help on this topic then please drop your comment below and we will discuss it.